Wednesday, November 16, 2011

5 Christmas Gifts For Your Boyfriend


5 Christmas Gifts For Your Boyfriend
Christmas has always been an awkwardly pleasurable holiday, and my favorite at that. Pleasurable in the sense that nothing compares to friends and family gathering around with food and gifts for a good full week. Awkward makes its way into the equation when I sit for days thinking of all the gifts I could possibly get my loved ones that I know they truly won't care for. When it comes to aunts, uncles, and cousins, scarves and chocolates do enough to get me by that year. Boyfriends are a different story.
Perhaps I am more complicated than I sometimes like to admit, however I know that I can give my boyfriend a great amount of obstacles, as I like to call them, on a daily basis. I know many women can agree. That said, boyfriends deserve a Christmas present that truly show the fruits of their labor. This Christmas holiday, try something different. Try to find something that appeals to their lifestyle, not just their refined interests like in years past.

1.  Message in Lights
Christmas lights come at such a low cost, this gift idea is highly dependent on your time and creative spirit. Create a message on a flat surface, such as a wall, especially for him. Something with an "I love you" or lyrics to your special song. Need I mention to cook him his favorite meal? Society tells us that men hardly have a romantic bone in their bodies, but that is far from the truth. Try the message in lights this year on your living room wall and celebrate a special holiday evening alone.
2. Game Tickets
Since the NBA is having a few difficulties this season due to the lockout, basketball is out of the question. But who says there aren't plenty of other sports worth enjoying? Baseball, Football, Hockey, Soccer are all ideas for starters. Often times, it's not always about it being your boyfriends favorite team or sport, it can be the experience that men love. Wild yelling, food, and beer is a perfect trifecta for a man. Buy two tickets to a game in your area, bring your fellow, buy some treats to enjoy during the game, and watch him light up.
3. Electronic Tablet
Men can keep busy lives just like any American woman. Tablets make managing life so easy by offering your personal files, web browsers, games, and planners all on one screen. More importantly, it offers all of this on the go with more aesthetic appeal than a smart phone can offer. A lot of tablet choices have risen to the scene since the release of the initial iPad. If the iPad is out of your price range, you still have options. HP Touchpad, Motorola Xoom, and Samsung Galaxy are just a few of the alternatives available on the market for you. Search around to see what's in your price range.
4. Sound System
I am aware that many couples are embracing cohabitation before marriage so this one may be a gift that the both of you can share. Consider investing in a home sound system. They vary in ranges and sound and can either be used for a home computer station or your home cinema on late movie nights. Bose, one of my favorites, has such clarity in their sound production, you will never be able to listen to music or watch movies with the same appreciation without them. If you want to go an extra mile, plan to watch an action film with him to break the speakers in or buy him a new CD from an artist that he enjoys.
5. A Tailored Suit
The face of the youthful businessman has changed so much in the last ten to twenty years. Entrepreneurs are surfacing at younger ages and making more than the godfathers of of the industry ever thought possible. I believe every man should own a tailored suit. Not simply for work but also for events around the city. This can be a little pricey, but a suit can last a lifetime. It's worth the investment. Men work a bit similar to women in this aspect; when they feel handsome and attractive, confidence is there to show for it.

7 comments:

  1. I love this post !

    Such great ideas for Christmas.
    My X-mas present for my bf will be a trip to Dubai, but he doesn't know about it yet ;)

    Kisses !

    /U
    pug-a-licious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boyfriend must be blessed to have you, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to say concert tickets as well!! Thanks for all of the ideas. I can't wait for Christmas!!

    But of course hun! I don't really mind about the Bloglovin' part. You can follow on GFC or tag or whatever you want!

    Wida
    Missing Amsie Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good list!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second the tailored suit!

    www.aussie-blue.com
    tweet @_MeganJoy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know your thoughts. I read and reply to every comment left.